Thursday, August 27, 2015

Gardening for the beginner: Vegetable Garden Maintenance



Hello there, A very important aspect of vegetable gardening is upkeep or maintenance. You should check your garden every day preferably in the morning when your first wake up. Your plants are constantly growing every single day and different things could be going on with them. An example I sometimes come  across is having a tomato hornworm ( caterpillar ) munching on my tomato plants leaves.

I am an organic gardener so all I do is pluck the worm off my plant and kill it. The result no more leaf eating caterpillar. Garden maintenance consists of checking the growth of your plants, looking for insects, and clearing away dead leaves. If you do this daily your plants will thrive and be healthy and produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment